Anti-Infective Agents Market Report 2019-2029
Analysis by Type of Drug (Anti-bacterial Drugs, Anti-fungal Drugs, Anti-viral Drugs), by Indication (Pneumonia, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Sepsis, Tuberculosis, Dermatophytosis, Aspergillosis, Candidiasis, Hepatitis Virus Infection, HIV Infection, Respiratory Virus Infection), by Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Sales), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• Anti-Infective are one of the most successful forms of chemotherapy and have been used to save the human population from the threat of infectious diseases. These agents are used not only to treat bacterial diseases, but also infections occurring with viruses, protozoa, helminths and fungi.
• Anti-Infective are capable of acting against infection, by preventing infectious agents or organisms from spreading or by killing the infectious agents outright. These agents are the drugs used for the purpose of defeating the infection causing organisms from occupying the host by means of its replication or releasing variety of toxins into the host.
Market Overview and Trends
• Anti-Infective agents can be used for various purposes including killing infectious microorganisms or preventing their harmful effect. Thus, the rising incidence of diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi and macro parasites is expected to bring in excellent revenues within the global market for anti-infective drugs.
• The market growth is estimated to accentuate as there are new drug approvals in the market. For example, in 2016, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs, such as Zepatier by Merck that kills chronic Hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotypes 1 or 4 infection in adults and Descovy by Gilead, for the cure of HIV-1 infection.
• For the treatment of soft tissue infections and acute bacterial skin some companies have recently launched a panel of FDA approved, modified antibiotics which includes: Orbactiv (Oritavancin), Zevtera (Ceftobiprole), Dalvance (Dalbavancin) and Sivextro (Tedizolid).
Factors Influencing the Market Growth:
• The factors like increasing popularity of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance to existing anti-infective agents are anticipated to boosts the market growth.
• Increasing health-consciousness, concerning about the availability of diagnostics for infectious diseases and avoidable risks associated with early diagnosis are some of the factors expected to boost the market growth.
• From the growing need for the anti-infection treatments it is expected that the leading market players in the global anti-infective drugs market would reap in commendable benefits
• The scope of growth for the market players is expanded as there is introduction of several new drugs in the market.
• The rise in the number of primary care clinics and hospitals also increases the demand for the anti-infective drugs in the market.
Factors Restraining the Market Growth:
• The strict regulations regarding the usage of drugs could act as a restrain to the growth of the global market for anti-infective drugs. Moreover, the raised anxiety about the side-effects of consuming these drugs for prolonged durations in the minds of the consumer, could also act as a hindrance to the market growth.
Market Segmentation 2019-2029:
The Anti-infective Agent market is segmented on the drug, indication, distribution channel and region.
1. Anti-infective Agent, by Type of Drug
a) Anti-bacterial Drugs
b) Anti-fungal Drugs
c) Anti-viral Drugs
2. Anti-infective Agent, by Indication
b) Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
h) Hepatitis Virus Infection
i) HIV Infection
j) Respiratory Virus Infection
3. Anti-infective Agent, by Distribution Channel
a) Hospital Pharmacy
b) Retail Pharmacy
c) Online Sales
4. Anti-infective Agent, by Region
a) North America
– Rest of Europe
c) Asia Pacific
– Rest of Asia Pacific
d) Rest of the World (RoW)
• Research and development are the primary strategy adopted by the key players in the Global Biodefense market.
• These companies have developed various strategies and developments such as product launch, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint venture, and collaborations.
Major Market Players:
Abbott Laboratories Limited, Cipla Ltd., Claris Life Sciences Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Lupin Ltd., Panacea Biotech Ltd., Novartis AG, Pfizer Ltd., Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd., and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Do you have any custom requirements we can help you with? Any need for specific country, geo region, market segment or specific company information? Contact us today, we can discuss your needs and see how we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org