Who we are
When we mention ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy document, we are usually referring to the distinct legal entity that makes up Visiongain Limited.
Visiongain office: Suite 143, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ, UK
What information do we hold?
The information that you provide to us such as your name, postal address, phone number, email address, bank account, payment card details and any feedback you provide us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with through via social media;
– Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the market led business reports we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our services, and so on);
– Your account login details, including your account number and password.
– As you navigate our web portal we will collect technical information about your visit, such as the pages you visit, the frequency of your visits and the links you click on, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
– Your contact information and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful and relevant for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
– In the instance of Bad debt, we may need to give your contact details to a Legal Debt Recovery Agents, who are all GDPR compliant.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect may be used to:
– Make available our Services to you;
– Process your report orders;
– Take credit card or invoice payment from you or give you a refund;
– Personalise your website experience, for example by understanding your geo location or how you use our web portal to provide you with targeted and personalised offers;
– Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to help prevent fraud;
– Conduct our market research – For statistical analysis purposes;
– Help us reach a deeper understanding about you as our customer, the services you access, the way in which you consume them and how you purchase our services on the Visiongain website, so we can serve you better;
– Find ways to improve our Services and website offering;
– Contact you about our forthcoming relevant services
– Help answer your questions and solve any issues you may potentially have with our services.
Who we might share your information with?
– We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – this included your name, address, email address or financial information.
– However, we may share your data with the following types of companies as an key part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
– The online DRM report repository that holds the electronic copies of our range of reports.
– Companies that help us get your purchases to you such as courier delivery companies, if you have ordered a hard copy report from us
– Legal Debt Recovery Agents in the case of bad debt
Visiongain is legally bound by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) concerning the way in which it collates, uses, and processes Personal Data. This Policy document describes Visiongain’s commitment to the processing of Personal Data under the GDPR.
When Visiongain processes Personal Data on behalf of a customer, Visiongain implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to satisfy the requirements of the GDPR, to ensure the level of security of Personal Data is appropriate to the level of risk, and to help ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject.
Visiongain requires that it’s staff is authorized to process Personal Data are under appropriate obligations of confidentiality.
We would like to tell you about the great offers, industry trends and ideas and services on offer from Visiongain. If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products in a timely manner.
How to stop marketing messages from Visiongain
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
– By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
– By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
– Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
– Please note that, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Cooperation Concerning Data Subjects
Visiongain cooperates with the reasonable requests of its customers (at the customer’s reasonable expense) to help them fulfil their obligations under the GDPR to respond to requests by data subjects to access, modify, rectify, or remove their Personal Data.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. As we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below. Right to stop or limit our processing of your data You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Personal Data Breach
In the event of a Personal Data breach under the GDPR, Visiongain will notify its applicable customers without undue delay after becoming aware of the breach. Such notification(s) may be delivered to an email address provided by Customer or, at Visiongain’s discretion, by direct communication, ie a telephone call. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that any email address provided by Customer is current and valid Visiongain will take reasonable steps to provide its customers with information that they may reasonably require to comply with their obligations to notify impacted data subjects or supervisory authorities.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website For more information please read our cookies policy
We take security measures to protect your information including:
– limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of keycode or keys);
– implementing access controls to our information, password protected files, encrypted servers and SSL certificated websites;
– never asking you for your passwords;
– advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Data Protection Officer, Visiongain Limited, Suite 143, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ, UK