17 February 2021
Visiongain has published a new report on Transdermal Drug Delivery Market Report 2021-2031: Forecasts by Type (Patches and Semisolid formulations), Applications (Pain Management, Central Nervous System Disorders, Hormonal Applications, Cardiovascular Diseases), End User (Homecare settings, Hospitals and clinics. PLUS Profiles of Leading Pharma Contract Manufacturing Companies and Regional and Leading National Market Analysis. PLUS COVID-19 Recovery Scenarios.
GlobalTransdermal Drug Delivery Market was valued at US$ xx billion in 2020 and is projected to reach at a market value of US$ xx billion by 2031.
The market is majorly driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, where conventional drug delivery systems, such as oral drugs have lower potency due to the hepatic first pass metabolism.
Transdermal drug delivery systems are an alternative to oral intravascular, subcutaneous and intra-mucosal routes, wherein the drugs are delivered through the skin for therapeutic use.
COVID-19 Impact on Transdermal Drug Delivery Market
Transdermal Drug Delivery Market is growing well in the period of this pandemic COViD 19, because the patients who is having chronic diseases which is mentioned above need a treatment at their home itself because the threat of this pandemic restricts the patient to visit frequently to hospitals.
Rise in increase of chronic disorders and geriatric population-
- The rise in geriatric population poses risk for increase in incidence of diabetes. So aged people are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes, which are in the need of these medicines for their treatment, this in-turn will boost the growth of Transdermal Drug Delivery market.
- High occurrence of cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension makes it an attractive market for transdermal drug delivery systems.
- The market has witnessed development of new adhesive, molecular absorption enhancers, and penetration enhancers that are expected to enhance skin permeability, resulting expansion therange of drugs that are expected to be delivered through transdermal route. This enables the growth of the market.
Global Transdermal drug delivery market is highly fragmented and the major players have implemented various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships,acquisitions and others to increase their footprints in this market. Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical (Japan), Mylan (US), UCB (Belgium), Novartis (Switzerland), GlaxoSmithKline (UK), Boehringer Ingelheim (Germany), Johnson & Johnson (US), Endo International (Ireland), and Purdue Pharma (US).
• Hisamitsu is a leading company in the field of medicines for external use. The company is aninventor in the field of transdermal patches. For instance, in 2017, the firm spent over USD 14.0 million compared to USD 12.8 million in 2016 on R&D activities.
• Mylan is among the leading players in the transdermal drug delivery systems market. The company endeavours to design, develop, and manufacture high-quality, innovative transdermal drug delivery systems, such as adhesive patches. These medicines treat a variety of conditions across several therapeutic categories. In order to strengthen its position in the market, the company significantly invests in R&D activities. In 2017, the company invested USD 783.3 million in R&D accomplishments to invent and introduce new products in the market as compared to USD 826.8 million in 2016.
Notes for Editors
If you are interested in a more detailed overview of this report, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call her on +44 (0) 20 7549 9987.
Visiongain is one of the fastest-growing and most innovative independent media companies in Europe. Based in London, UK, Visiongain produces a host of business-to-business reports focusing on the automotive, aviation, chemicals, cyber, defence, energy, food & drink, materials, packaging, pharmaceutical and utilities sectors.
Visiongain publishes reports produced by analysts who are qualified experts in their field. Visiongain has firmly established itself as the first port of call for the business professional who needs independent, high-quality, original material to rely and depend on.
Deviating from protocols raises the danger of missing or delaying data collection from current investigations. This highlights the growing importance of digital medicine, which is being aided by advancements in cloud, mobile, and IoT technology.
11 October 2021
High performance HPC and supercomputing technology have evolved substantially in China in the last decades, leading to extraordinary accomplishments. HPC-based and combined pharmaceutical chemical and computational biology computational discovery and design has become a significant technique in drug research and development and is sponsored financially by the Chinese government.
07 October 2021
Many health-care organizations are seeing organic growth at levels that their supply networks were never designed to handle. Others are frantically attempting to integrate diverse technology and procedures as part of a consolidation effort.
06 October 2021
Rise in prevalence of meningitis, increasing initiatives by government and regulatory authorities coupled strong funding support from non-profit organizations is expected to drive the global meningococcal vaccines market