Food Thickeners Market Report 2019-2029
Analysis by Type (Hydrocolloids, Protein and Starch), Source (Plant, Animal and Microbial), Application (Bakery, Confectionery, Sauces, Marinades & Gravies, Beverages, Dairy and Convenience Foods), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• Food thickener are food additives that increase the viscosity of a substance or a mixture while keeping its other properties unchanged.
• Food thickening agents are generally a group of polysaccharides or proteins which structure in a linear way to form thickening agents which includes starch, hydrocolloids and proteins.
• Each food thickener works differently, depending upon its application.
Market Overview and Trends
• Food thickener is in demand as it increases the viscosity of a substance or a mixture while keeping its other properties unchanged.
• Customer preferences for healthy diet and healthier lifestyles has encouraged the food thickeners market growth.
• Increase in demand for convenience food, rise in disposable income, and the advantages & various functions associated with the use of food thickeners drive the global food thickeners market.
Factors Influencing the Market Growth:
• Thickening agents alters viscosity in dietary preparations which in turn benefits dysphagia patients with utilitarian characteristics including bolus control, pulmonary aspiration and ease of swallowing, thus driving the global market growth.
• Its beneficial characteristics include ingredient emulsification and palatability, has accelerated the industry growth.
• These products have relatively low price, optimum functionality, easy availability and abundant supply.
• It prevents diseases including diabetes, obesity and blood pressure along with high contamination issues in conventional dietary goods which will increase the market growth.
• Manufacturers have strong and dedicated R&D facility to develop food thickeners that are innovative and suitable to demanding product formulations.
Factors Restraining the Market Growth:
• High R&D costs associated with the extraction and manufacture of vegetable gum and starch derivatives are restraining this market’s small and medium manufacturers.
• Technological factors such as crushing, sifting, centrifuging, and hydrolysis, need consideration and add to the manufacturing cost.
• Excessive usage of thickening agents including xanthan gum and carrageenan may lead to adverse health anomalies including nausea, flatulence and bloating.
Market Segmentation 2019-2029:
The Food Thickeners Market is segmented on the Type, Source type, Application type, and Geography.
• Hydrocolloids Market, 2019-2029
• Protein Market, 2019-2029
• Starch Market, 2019-2029
• Plant Market, 2019-2029
• Animal Market, 2019-2029
• Microbial Market, 2019-2029
• Bakery Market, 2019-2029
• Confectionery Market, 2019-2029
• Sauces, Dressings, Marinades, and Gravies Market, 2019-2029
• Beverages Market, 2019-2029
• Dairy & Frozen Desserts Market, 2019-2029
• Convenience & Processed Foods Market, 2019-2029
Focused regional forecasts and analysis explore the future opportunities:
• North America Market, 2019-2029
• Europe Market, 2019-2029
• Asia-Pacific Market, 2019-2029
• LAMEA Market, 2019-2029
• The manufacturers are engaging in merger & acquisitions and developing synergies to deliver healthier foods like reduced sodium and reducing sugar & fat content, with increasing protein & fiber content in their products.
• Dietary products manufacturers are engaged into product improvement and refining physical appearance including taste, consistency and stability.
• The manufacturers are focusing on increasing their production capacities, in order to cater to the rising demand.
Major Market Players:
Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill, Inc., E. I. DuPont de Nemours and Company, Ingredion Incorporated, Kerry Group Plc., CP Kelco, Darling Ingredients, Tate & Lyle PLC., Ashland Specialty Ingredients, TIC Gums, Fuerst Day Lawson, DuPont, BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Hormel Foods Corporation, Walgreen Co., Nestlé Health Science, Sigma-Aldrich Co., LLC, Alpha Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Colonygums Inc., Condio GmbH, David Michael & Co, Dr. G’s Creations and FMC Corporation.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Do you have any custom requirements we can help you with? Any need for specific country, geo region, market segment or specific company information? Contact us today, we can discuss your needs and see how we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org