Industries > Pharma > Cell-Based Assays World Industry and Market Prospects 2016-2026
Cell-Based Assays World Industry and Market Prospects 2016-2026
Products, Services, Drug Discovery, ADME and Basic Research
Cell assaying for pharma – prospects for technologies shaping that medical testing
Visiongain’s new report, Cell-Based Assays World Industry and Market Prospects 2016-2026: Products, Services, Drug Discovery, ADME and Basic Research, examines those companies, trends, products, services and technologies. It investigates how those forces will shape that bioassays industry over the next ten years. To support that analysis with data, our study shows revenue forecasts at overall world, submarket and national level. Its purpose is to help companies and other organisations understand the potential of that cellular testing for medicine.
Use of cell lines in bioassays becomes more important in drug discovery and development. The cost of developing a new drug is now estimated to be around $2.6bn. Set against that background of rising costs, cell-based assays have become a vital tool for drug discovery, development and basic research. Those assays provide many advantages over traditional biochemical assays and animal models, and are continuing to improve owing to advances in high-throughput screening (HTS) technology, automation and miniaturisation. Cell-based assays can provide a more-accurate representation of human in vivo conditions; they are reliable and, most important for drug development companies, they have high efficiency.
Increasing prominence of technologies such as microfluidics, label-free systems, 3D cell-based assays and IPSC cell lines will stimulate revenue growth in the cellular testing market from 2015. As with any other market, it holds challenges. These include high initial set-up costs, high complexity, need for skilled staff to run and analyse tests, and long developmental times for new products. However, Visiongain predicts the cell-based assays market will grow strongly from 2016 to 2026, presenting many opportunities for assay product developers and suppliers, large CROs and specialist service providers, as well as many benefits for pharmaceutical companies.
Our work segments that bioassaying industry and market into two broad categories, with revenue forecasts to 2026 and discussions:
We also divide that medical testing industry into three main applications, again with sales forecasting:
• Drug discovery uses
• ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion) testing
• Basic research purposes
Besides forecasting revenues for the previous submarkets, our study also breaks its overall world market prediction into these 11 leading national markets, to 2026:
• United States (US)
• Germany, United Kingdom (UK), France, Spain, Italy (EU5 countries)
• Brazil, Russia, India, China (BRIC nations)
And here lie technologies and trends we cover, among others, showing how they shape that worldwide market to 2026:
• Stem cells (including IPSCs) for bioassays
• 3D cell-based systems
• Cell-based assaying for toxicity testing
• Increased outsourcing for that cellular screening
• Label-free technology
• GPCRs (G-protein-coupled receptors)
• Miniaturisation and automation
• Microfluidics and multiplexing
• High-content screening (HCS)
• Cell lines for pharma in vitro assays
• Cellular tests for the development of biologics (biological drugs)
Our 185 page report provides 48 tables and 66 figures covering different market segments categorized by application: drug discovery, ADME, and basic research; as well as by sector: products and services.
Moreover, 11 individual national markets are covered in addition to 20 leading companies which sell products and provide services.
Cell-Based Assays World Industry and Market Prospects 2016-2026: Products, Services, Drug Discovery, ADME and Basic Research, published in May 2016, adds to Visiongain’s range of reports on industries and markets in healthcare. Its portfolio includes studies on pharmaceuticals, medical devices, diagnostic tests and outsourced services, including contract researchers, manufacturers and sellers.
Ways Cell-Based Assays World Industry and Market Prospects 2016-2026: Products, Services, Drug Discovery, ADME and Basic Research helps:
In particular, our new investigation gives you this knowledge to benefit your research, analyses and planning:
• Revenues for cellular assays, to 2026, at world level and for five submarkets – explore the prospects for design, production, sales, marketing, demand and spending
• Forecasts, to 2026, for 11 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia – assess the developed and developing national markets for demand and predicted revenues
• Prospects for established firms, rising companies and new entrants – examine the product and service portfolios, results, strategies and outlooks for success
• Analyses of what stimulates and restrains that industry’s participants – investigate the challenges, strengths and competition affecting organisations’ actions
• Interviews with authorities in that field – discover what participants from the industry think, say and do, helping you stay ahead in business knowledge.
Information found nowhere else, benefiting your insight, work and influence
Our study, produced in-house by our UK-based analysts, provides independent knowledge. You will gain competitive intelligence found only in our report, finding where the progress and business prospects exist.
With our definitive market data you’re less likely to fall behind in information or miss an opportunity. See how you could save time and effort. And, through your choice, benefit your plans, decisions and authority, helping you gain competitive advantages.
Data to help your knowledge of pharma R&D – benefit from our study now
Our new analysis is for everyone investigating pharmaceutical research and development. For cellular assaying systems, you can explore the trends, results and revenue forecasts. So avoid missing out – please get that report here now.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6