The 20 Leading Companies in Shale (Tight) Oil 2014
Competitive Landscape Analysis
Leading oil and gas companies across the world continue to migrate their E&P capital expenditure budgets toward the now de-risked prospect of shale (tight) oil development in the US. By 2014, Visiongain estimates that $68.2bn will be spent on shale (tight) oil development. The production of these assets produces an ever-more predictable return on investment and does not come with the political and/or security risk of E&P for some locations around the world. The US remains by far the dominant market for investment and the presence of the supply chain, expertise and equipment within America to develop these assets enhances the predictability of returns. Technological risk is no longer present with the development of the hydrocarbons from shale in the US; this allows these resources to compete for investment with other areas of a company’s portfolio, e.g. deepwater E&P and oil sands. As prime acreage positions in the US become congested and increase in value, companies are looking to well designs, fracturing techniques and completion efficiencies to expand their operations and the percentage returned on capital invested.
Escalating company involvement in the industry is broadly uniform, with leading major independent oil and gas companies either making the development of oil from tight assets the core part of their operations for the indefinite future or the engine for the next wave of offshore or international E&P activity likely in the first half of the 2020’s.
International oil companies are also increasingly involved. Their cash flows and expertise makes the next wave of development from the shale (tight) oil industry one that they will primarily control: the non-US space and most further technological development. The development of shale (tight) oil reserves in the non-US space is still in its infancy and is only now beginning to have an impact on who populates our leading companies report (by capital expenditure on tight oil development efforts). Argentina, Canada and Russia are the leading prospects in this regard and will experience the greatest growth in terms of capital expenditure over the next five years. This will likely see an ever greater percentage of IOC capital budget devoted to tight oil development, bringing these companies in line with some of the major independents populating the US market space.
Our 20 leading companies in the shale (tight) oil market report profiles the major players in this segment of the oil & gas industry, analysing their current involvement in the market, assessing their future prospects and detailing their capital expenditure on shale (tight) oil development. The report also quantifies the total amount expended by other companies outside of the top 20 profiled and analysed here.
Why you should buy The 20 Leading Companies in Shale (Tight) Oil 2014: Competitive Landscape Analysis
Who are the leading companies in the shale (tight) oil market, how are they currently performing and what are their future plans? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, missing critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover capital expenditure data and market shares for the leading 20 companies in the shale (tight) oil market.
How this 160 page report will benefit you:
• View 2014 shale (tight) oil capital expenditure and market shares for the leading 20 companies in the shale (tight) oil market, allowing you to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
– The report provides detailed shale (tight) oil CAPEX (USD) information for the 20 leading companies in the market, detailing each company’s current position in the market and their longer term outlook.
– Read about each company’s acreage positioning, shale (tight) oil spending as a percentage of total company spending and, where possible, see a breakdown of each company’s capital expenditure by play.
– You will find a SWOT analysis for each of the companies assessed, detailing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to their involvement in the shale (tight) oil market.
• Our report provides 93 tables, charts, and graphs.
– Let our analysts guide you with a thorough assessment of the leading companies in the shale (tight) oil market. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the shale (tight) oil sector.
• Understand what thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical knowledge. Be part of this.
– By reading the exclusive expert interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the shale (tight) oil sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit. Read the full transcripts of three exclusive expert opinion interviews with:
– Vicky Steiner, Executive Director of the North Dakota Association of Oil and Gas Producing Counties
– Professor Wallace Tyner, Energy Economist with the Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
– Kari Cutting, Vice President of the North Dakota Petroleum Council
• Learn about the global shale (tight) oil industry with our comprehensive introduction to the market
– Discover the extent of global shale (tight) oil resources and the regions in which they are located.
– Be provided with a comparison of the major North American shale plays, along with information on shale (tight) oil output in the US.
– Read our assessment of the economics of shale (tight) oil drilling and completion, including information on the impact of price trends on shale (tight) oil expenditure
• Understand the prospects for the leading 20 companies in the shale (tight) oil market with our assessment of competitor positioning
– Examine each of the leading 20 companies’ shares of the shale (tight) oil market in 2014, together with the share of the market held by companies outside of the top 20.
– Discover how much each company is spending on shale (tight) oil in 2014 as a percentage of their total capital expenditure and learn about the most favourable shale plays and the reasons behind this.
– Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
– Apache Corporation
– Chesapeake Energy
– Concho Resources
– Continental Resources
– Devon Energy
– EOG Resources
– EP Energy
– Hess Corporation
– Marathon Oil
– Murphy Oil
– Newfield Exploration Company
– Noble Energy
– Occidental Petroleum
– Pioneer Natural Resources
– Royal Dutch Shell
– Whiting Petroleum
• Explore the factors affecting shale (tight) oil developers and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
– Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues influencing the shale (tight) oil market. Discover what the present and future outlook for businesses will be. Learn about the following business critical issues –
– Government regulation and legislation
– Supply and demand dynamics
– The importance of oil prices
– Technological factors influencing the market
– Environmental issues
– Market driver and restraints
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the 20 leading companies in the shale (tight) oil market
The 20 Leading Companies in Shale (Tight) Oil 2014: Competitive Landscape Analysis report provides impartial shale (tight) oil sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and the full transcripts of exclusive interviews with Vicky Steiner, Executive Director of the North Dakota Association of Oil and Gas Producing Counties; Professor Wallace Tyner, Energy Economist with the Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University; and Kari Cutting, Vice President of the North Dakota Petroleum Council are included in the report. Visiongain’s research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data on the leading companies in the shale (tight) oil market.
How The 20 Leading Companies in Shale (Tight) Oil 2014: Competitive Landscape Analysis report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the shale (tight) oil market and the leading companies operating within in. You will discover 2014 shale (tight) oil CAPEX information for each of the 20 leading companies, along with details of their market share, acreage positioning, current operations and future outlook. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report The 20 Leading Companies in Shale (Tight) Oil 2014: Competitive Landscape Analysis. Avoid missing out – order our report today.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6