Industries > Energy > Grid Scale Battery (GSB) Storage Market Forecast 2015-2025
Grid Scale Battery (GSB) Storage Market Forecast 2015-2025
The Future of Lithium-ion, Flow, Sodium-based, Advanced Lead Acid and Other Batteries on the Grid
Visiongain’s comprehensive new 227 page report reveals that CAPEX invested in grid scale battery (GSB) storage technologies will reach $717.2m in 2015, with rapid growth anticipated over the next ten years.
Market scope: The grid scale battery (GSB) storage market is largely an emerging one, especially when compared with other energy storage systems such as the well-established pumped hydro storage. Grid scale batteries are arriving at commercial viability, having been the subject of numerous demonstration projects. They posses numerous advantages over competing technologies, such as the precision and quality of the service they can provide to grid operators and the lack of geographical constraints experienced by technologies such as CAES and PHS.
The regulatory frameworks and the market environments around the world are moving towards the direction of more grid scale battery storage being deployed on the grid to perform ancillary services. Pressed by high and rising amounts of renewable energy capacity brought online each year, an increasing number of governments around the world are considering adopting new regulatory requirements favouring the commissioning of grid scale storage systems, such as capacity payment mechanisms rewarding the best-performing back-up technologies for frequency regulation or mandatory targets for the installation of new storage capacity. In addition to this, production costs are consistently declining due to technological improvements, gained experience and mass production.
Just as decisively, a larger wealth of performance data are becoming available each year as pilot projects are completed all around the world, providing producers, operators and prospective clients with key information on the reliability and safety of each battery technology once applied outside the laboratory. Visiongain expects the grid scale battery storage market to grow considerably over the next 10 years for grid ancillary services, peak electricity demand shaving, energy efficiency and renewable energy integration.
The Grid Scale Battery (GSB) Storage Market Forecast 2015-2025 report responds to your need for definitive market data:
• How will the GSB market evolve?
– The report includes transcripts of extended interviews with seven companies involved in the grid scale battery market, who provide expert insight alongside Visiongain’s analysis:
– AES Energy Storage
– American Vanadium
– ViZn Energy
– S&C Electric
– ABB Energy Storage
• When will the GSB market develop?
– See 114 tables, charts and graphs revealing the projected market development from 2015-2025
Which GSB application submarkets will flourish from 2015-2025?
– Forecasts for spending on grid scale battery storage technologies worldwide, year-on-year, from 2015 to 2025, with individual breakdowns for each of the main battery technologies:
– Lithium Ion Batteries 2015-2025
– Sodium-based Batteries 2015-2025
– Flow Batteries 2015-2025
– Advanced Lead Acid Batteries 2015-2025
– Other Battery Types 2015-2025
The report includes analysis of each battery technology, with tables and figures provided to visualise the comparative total CAPEX on the five submarkets, plus their anticipated evolving market shares.
• Where are the regional GSB market opportunities from 2015-2025?
Ten-year forecasts and analysis for the 7 leading countries in the grid scale battery storage market are included, with CAPEX for each shown in three scenarios:
– US forecast 2015-2025,
– China forecast 2015-2025
– Japan forecast 2015-2025
– Germany forecast 2015-2025
– UK forecast 2015-2025
– Italy forecast 2015-2025
– South Korea forecast 2015-2025
– Rest of World (RoW) forecast 2015-2025
• Where are the major GSB projects and programmes?
Descriptions of the major companies, agencies and research centres driving innovation in GSB technology are provided.
• What are the factors influencing GSB market dynamics?
– SWOT / PEST analysis explores the factors.
– Research and development (R&D) strategy
– Technological issues and constraints.
– Supply and demand dynamics
– Competition from new product types
– Increasing specialisation by leading players
– New market entrants from both established manufacturers and start-ups
– Advances in product quality
– Analysis of barriers to entry
• Who are the leading 6 GSB companies?
Examine competitive positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook:
– NGK Insulators Ltd
– BYD Co. Ltd
– Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
– Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
– GE Energy Storage
– Tesla Motors Inc.
Who should read this report?
– Anyone within the GSB value chain, including:
– Business development managers
– Marketing managers
– Government agencies
Buy our report today Grid Scale Battery (GSB) Storage Market Forecast 2015-2025: The Future of Lithium-ion, Flow, Sodium-based, Advanced Lead Acid and Other Batteries on the Grid. Avoid missing out – order our report now.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6