Global Opioids Market Report 2019-2029
Analysis by Product (Codeine, Fentanyl, Meperidine, Methadone, Morphine, Hydrocodone), by Application (Pain Management, Cough Treatment, Diarrhoea Treatment) and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• The drugs that act on the nervous system to relieve pain are known as Opioids. They are also sometimes known as narcotics and are the medicines which are prescribed by the doctors to treat severe constant pain for the patients who suffer from terminal diseases.
• Opioids are used as cough suppressant, anaesthesia, and diarrhoea suppressant to reduce surgical pain, injury or trauma, cancer pain and pain arising from various other illness.
• Opioids are used by people dealing with chronic headaches and backaches and by patients who are recovering from surgery or experiencing severe pain associated with cancer.
Market Overview and Trends
• The rising frequency of disease conditions with severe pain, such as lower back pain, cancer, fibromyalgia and arthritis are driving the opioids market.
• The market is projected to be driven by the growing geriatric population, along with increasing focus on palliative care.
• Due to the considerable number of drug-abuse deaths registered in the country the market is being strictly regulated by the U.S. FDA. The FDA has discovered certain guidelines to manufacture, store, market and sell opioid products.
• The U.S. FDA discontinued the most widely prescribed opioids, Vicodin (Hydrocodone) and Percocet (Oxycodone), from the market.
Factors Influencing the Market Growth:
• Considerable rise in road accidents and trauma, along with repeatedly increasing cases of surgical procedures, are driving the demand for opioid-based pain management solutions.
• The global opioids market is expected to increase its growth by the rise in disposable income and surge in the global geriatric population.
• The market is observing high growth due to increasing prevalence of chronic pain and orthopaedic diseases, rising focus on abuse-deterrent formulation (ADF), rising palliative care facilities, etc.
Factors Restraining the Market Growth:
• Factors such as prescription drug abuse, and legalisation of cannabis as an alternative to opioids may hamper the growth of the market in the coming years.
Market Segmentation 2019-2029:
The Global Opioids Market is segmented on the Product, Application and Region.
1. Global Opioids Market, by Product
2. Global Opioids market, by Application
a) Pain Management
– Neuropathic Pain
– Back Pain
– Osteoarthritis Pain
– Cancer Pain
b) Cold and Cough
d) Other Applications
3. Global Opioids market, by Region
a) North America
– Rest of Europe
c) Asia Pacific
– Rest of Asia Pacific
d) Rest of the World (RoW)
• Research and development is the primary strategy adopted by the key players in the Global Biodefense market.
• These companies have developed various strategies and developments such as product launch, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint venture, and collaborations.
Major Market Players:
Pfizer Inc., Purdue Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Actavis Plc., Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Egalet.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Do you have any custom requirements we can help you with? Any need for specific country, geo region, market segment or specific company information? Contact us today, we can discuss your needs and see how we can help: email@example.com