Industries > Pharma > Global Durable Medical Equipment Market Report 2019-2029
Global Durable Medical Equipment Market Report 2019-2029
Analysis by Device Type (Personal Mobility Devices, Medical Furniture and Bathroom Safety Devices, Monitoring and Therapeutic Devices), by End User (Hospital/Clinic, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Other End Users) and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• Durable medical equipment are the devices and products that serve medical purposes and can handle frequent usage. It is also known as home medical equipment that provides therapeutic benefits to patients.
• The durable medical equipment’s are purposive for safety, monitoring, and diagnosis of disease. They help in transforming quality and health of population worldwide and are used in wide applications.
• Durable medical equipment is very useful for those patients who are ill or are experiencing some medical procedures. These are the devices that can also be handled by a family member or a care giver of the patients.
Market Overview and Trends
• Diagnosis and treatment for the patients has been improved with the help of the development of medical equipment technologies. The use of DME is not intended for non-medical uses and is mainly associated with comfort to patients and providing therapeutic benefits.
• Clinics and Hospitals holds the maximum share in Global Durable Medical Equipment Market. With the development in healthcare sector there is automatically increase in the numbers of clinic and hospitals. Most of them focus on having advanced medical equipment and equipped surgical equipment, for example: walkers, wheelchair, bathroom safety devices and others which helps in the improvisation in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
• Manufacturers are focusing to develop technologically advanced medical equipment that is easy to use and offers a cost effective and accurate diagnosis for patients. This is further projected to drive growth of global durable equipment market to a significant extent.
• Growing number of well-furnished diagnostic centers, which owns equipment, such as infusion pump, mattress, blood sugar monitors, and bedding devices, etc. helps in upgrading the total patient outcomes.
Factors Influencing the Market Growth:
• Some of the factors driving the demand for durable medical equipment (DME) are the Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases requiring long-term care, rapidly growing geriatric population, and increasing penetration of home healthcare services and staff.
• The rise of chronic diseases, increasing government initiatives and technological advancements has primarily driven the durable medical equipment market.
• The durable medical equipment market is expected to grow with the increasing demand for powered wheelchair, the technological advancement.
• The introduction of mobility scooters and transfer lifts in automated version in DME market is expected to drive the growth of durable medical equipment market.
Factors Restraining the Market Growth:
• The increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgeries and issues related to reimbursement against the purchase of durable market equipment are some factors that restrain the growth of target market.
Market Segmentation 2019-2029:
The Global Durable medical equipment market is segmented on the Device Type, End User and region.
1. Global Durable medical equipment, by Device Type
a) Personal Mobility Devices
– Crutch and Cane
– Other Personal Mobility Devices
b) Medical Furniture and Bathroom Safety Devices
– Medical Bed and Mattress
– Commode and Toilet
– Other Medical Furniture and Bathroom Safety Devices
c) Monitoring and Therapeutic Devices
– Blood Glucose Monitor
– Oxygen Equipment
– Vital Sign Monitor
– Infusion Pump
– Other Monitoring and Therapeutic Devices
2. Global Durable medical equipment, by End User
b) Ambulatory Surgical Center
c) Other End Users
3. Global Durable medical equipment, by Region
a) North America
o Rest of Europe
c) Asia Pacific
– Rest of Asia Pacific
d) Rest of the World (RoW)
• Research and development is the primary strategy adopted by the key players in the Global Biodefense market.
• These companies have developed various strategies and developments such as product launch, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint venture, and collaborations.
Major Market Players:
Stryker Corporation, Medtronic plc., Baxter International, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Sunrise Medical (US) LLC, Invacare Corporation, ResMed, Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc., ResMed Inc., Dickinson and Company and other players.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Do you have any custom requirements we can help you with? Any need for specific country, geo region, market segment or specific company information? Contact us today, we can discuss your needs and see how we can help: email@example.com