Global Biodefence Market Report 2019-2029
Analysis by Product (Vaccines, Bio-threat Detection Devices) and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• Biodefense is the use of medical measures to protect people against bioterrorism. Biodefense applies to two distinct target populations, namely military combatant (troops in the field) and civilian non-combatant (role of public health and disease surveillance, Identification of bioweapons, Planning and response, Response to bioterrorism incident or threat).
• The safety and security of food supplies and water are often considered a critical part of biodefense. Government agencies are focusing on developing biodefense products in collaboration with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies witnessing the growing threat of bioterrorism. Bioterrorism attacks are referred to as the intentional release of bacteria, viruses and other harmful microbes that are capable of spreading epidemics leading to deaths.
Market Overview and Trends
• The biodefense market is majorly driven by rising focus of the public agencies on mitigating the risk of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) threats and increased funding for biodefense.
• The continuous research for the development of anti-toxins and vaccinations against biological threats, such as Zika virus, are some of the key drivers contributing to the market growth.
• The presence of EUA policy in U.S. is also positively influencing the market growth. The EUA policy empowers FDA Commissioners to authorise the usage of a medical product for commercial use, at the time of a declared emergency in the country posing a threat to public health that are currently unapproved.
• The government agencies provide the EUA policy for antiviral drugs to fight against diseases, such as swine flu and Zika virus infection.
Factors Influencing the Market Growth:
• The key factors driving the market growth are the increase in adoption of technologies, such as nanotechnology, data base management systems, gene chips for pathogen detection in forensic division and advanced detector hardware in biodefense-related drug development.
• The market growth is also boosting by the significant funding of the U.S. civilian and military organisations, such as The United States Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), The Department of Defense (DoD) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• The rise in the production of vaccines, quick diagnostic procedures and detection techniques and enhanced forensics are some of the factors which are projected to drive the market growth.
Factors Restraining the Market Growth:
• In the developing and underdeveloped countries the growth of biodefense market may be obstruct by the low affordability. The limited involvement of the government and funding for biodefense materials are some of the major reasons restraining the growth of the market.
Market Segmentation 2019-2029:
The Global Biodefense market is segmented on the product and region.
1. Global Biodefense market, by Product
b) Small Pox
2. Global Biodefense market, by Region
a) North America
– Rest of Europe
c) Asia Pacific
– Rest of Asia Pacific
d) Rest of the World (RoW)
• Research and development is the primary strategy adopted by the key players in the Global Biodefense market.
• These companies has developed various strategies and developments such as product launch, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint venture, and collaborations.
Major Market Players:
Cleveland BioLabs, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc., DynPort Vaccine Company LLC. , Bavarian Nordic., Elusys Therapeutics Inc., Emergent BioSolutions Inc., Ichor Medical Systems., Ology Bioscience., PharmAthene Inc. and SIGA Technologies Industries Ltd.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Do you have any custom requirements we can help you with? Any need for specific country, geo region, market segment or specific company information? Contact us today, we can discuss your needs and see how we can help: email@example.com