Industries > Automotive > Global Automotive Modular Platform Sharing Market Analysis 2013-2023
Global Automotive Modular Platform Sharing Market Analysis 2013-2023
The trend of extremely modular and versatile automotive platforms started relatively recently with the first models coming to market in 2011 and 2012. As carmakers continue to compete on cost-effectiveness to retain profit margins many will launch one or more modular platforms in the next ten years. Consequently the amount of unit sales based on modular platforms will expand. Visiongain has assessed that sales of vehicles based upon modular platforms will reach 2.1 million units globally in 2013.
The global automotive modular platform sharing market consists of all the new platforms carmakers are introducing to be versatile enough to fit a wide variety of different models from different size and price segments. Because of the differences between carmakers in terms of structure, strategy, product-portfolio and R&D budget, every company takes a slightly different approach. Precise definitions therefore vary as to what constitutes a modular platform. Although the difference between a traditional platform and a modular one can be a grey area, it is safe to say that all automotive platforms are becoming increasingly modular.
The level of modularity that is necessary and financially feasible differs between carmakers. Large conglomerates such as VAG that have a substantial product portfolio with relatively little differentiation aim for high levels of modularity. Meanwhile smaller companies such as Volvo and Jaguar-Land Rover have a smaller product range but a wider variety in size. For these types of companies developing their own fully modular platforms is not cost-effective for all models as production number would be too small and the range of models too narrow.
The process of finding a suitable level of modularity for new platforms is going on throughout the automotive industry. One prevailing trend, however, is that all R&D projects are becoming more modular. The main underlying causes of this are the general consolidation of the industry and the continuously growing number of global vehicle sales. Standardisation and economies of scale are essential for success in the automotive industry, traditionally known for its thin profit margins.
There are nevertheless important players in the automotive industry that do not have plans to embrace the modular platform strategy yet. Toyota and Hyundai-Kia, for example, already have a high level of flexibility in its manufacturing method through its use of 'lean production' which incorporates a just-in-time strategy and allows production of different models on the same production line. Furthermore the Japanese and Korean giants have a wide range of models in each size category. These factors mean that these companies can obtain cost effective production with a larger number of differently sized traditional platforms and would have less to gain from developing one resizable modular platform. Despite this, Toyota and Hyundai-Kia are implementing significant standardisation programs in order to obtain the cost savings that other manufacturers obtain through their modular platforms.
Why you should buy Global Automotive Modular Platform Sharing Market Analysis 2013-2023
• Stay ahead with this comprehensive analysis of the automotive modular platform sharing market prospects
– The report comprises 101 pages
• Get ahead by studying highly quantitative content that delivers solid conclusions benefiting your research and analysis
– 85 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and forecasting the automotive modular platform sharing market
• View global automotive modular platform sharing market forecasts from 2013-2023 to keep your knowledge one step ahead of the competition
– The report provides an analytical overview with detailed sales projections and analysis of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints.
– Study global automotive modular platform sharing manufacturer market share forecasts from 2013-2023
– Volkswagen Audi Group'
– General Motors
– PSA Peugeot Citroen
• Learn about the 7 leading manufacturers with modular platforms and analysis of their strategies and prospects.
– Volkswagen Audi Group's MGB platform
– Renault-Nissan's CMF platform
– BMW's UKL platform
– Daimler's MFA & MRA platform
– General Motors' DII platform
– PSA Peugeot Citroen's EMPII platform
– Volvo's SPA platform
• For each of the 7 companies studied in detail you will receive –
– Market share forecasts from 2013-2023 for each of the model types built upon their modular platforms.
– Launch dates for each of the model types built upon their modular platforms.
– 2012 sales for the models types built upon their modular platforms.
– Analysis of drivers and restraints
• Understand the competitive landscape with profiles of other leading automotive modular platform companies examining their positioning, products, strategies and outlook.
– Jaguar-Land Rover
• Discover the qualitative analysis informing the automotive modular platform sharing market forecasts
– SWOT analysis of competitive factors: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats revealing what drives and restrains the industry and the prospects for established companies and new market entrants.
What makes this report unique?
Our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments, as well as identifying the technological issues. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, company and submarket forecasts from 2013-2023 – all identifying strategic business opportunities.
How the Global Automotive Modular Platform Sharing Market Analysis 2013-2023 report will benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the modular platform sharing market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and keep one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the Global Automotive Modular Platform Sharing Market Analysis 2013-2023
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6